- To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors please call 610-565-6780 and speak with one of our knowledgeable staff who will assist you.
- Our doctors see patients by scheduled appointments. Please call to schedule an appointment that will work into your schedule as we are here to meet your needs
- If you are experiencing an eye emergency, the physicians at Riddle Eye Associates are here to see you at your time of need.
- If unable to keep your scheduled appointment, we ask that you give 24 hours notice so that other patients may be accommodated.
- We try to adhere to reasonable schedules, but we see emergencies, consultations, etc. as needed and this sometimes results in delays. We ask for your patience and understanding as we treat each patient’s needs during their appointment.
Regular Office Hours
At Riddle Eye Associates there is a doctor in the office five days and one evening each week except on Holidays. We also offer Saturday appointments one time a month. Our goal is to accommodate your needs. Our office is usually open from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Our evening hours on Mondays are from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm and one Saturday mornings a month from 8:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
- Dr. Antonello sees patients on Mondays through Fridays. Call for hours.
- Dr. Pesce sees patients on Mondays, Tuesdays mornings, Thursdays and Fridays. Call for hours.
- Dr. Cassey sees patients on Monday evenings, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call for hours
- Medical Retina Specialist Twice a month. Call for hours.
Phone Calls After Hours
Riddle Eye Associates is a phone call away for emergencies after hours. Your phone call will be received by our answering service. They will take the necessary information and contact the physician ON CALL who will contact you. Weekend call coverage is provided by a group of physicians in an area call group which we are a part of. If your doctor is not on call one of these physicians will contact you and meet your needs.
Insurance and Billing Information
- Riddle Eye Associates participates with most insurances, however it is important that you check with the member service of your insurance company. Knowing what your insurance requires for doctor visits is very important.
- All co pays are due at the time of your visit. If you check with your insurance company they can inform you of what your co pays are. Unfortunately we do not know all the particulars of each insurance. We are available to assist you but cannot guarantee that we have all the correct answers. We accept cash, check, and credit cards as form of payment. If your insurance requires a referral it is your responsibility to contact your primary care physician so one may be sent here. We have the ability to electronically see your referral at the time of service so no paper referral is necessary in most cases. Please check with your primary care doctor to be sure of what you need. Your insurance company has rules that we must follow. If you do not have the necessary referral at the time of visit you may be responsible for any or all fees as some insurances do not allow us to back date referrals.
- In the case of Medicare patients, we accept assignment and will submit the insurance for you. Medicare patients are only responsible for the deductible portions of their coverage and any co-pay required. Each year Medicare has a defined amount that you are responsible to pay. This is called your deductible. We will submit your visit to Medicare. If Medicare posts the visit to your deductible, you will be responsible to pay that amount towards the cost of the visit.\
- All visits to insurances will be submitted by our billing department. Any balance that remains after we have received payment from the insurance company will be billed to you. Should you have questions about your bill our staff will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 10AM to 3PM. We will do all we can to help.
Any information that you provide us will be maintained in the strictest confidence within our internal computer systems.